« Home | Music: Country Roads » | Music: American Pie » | Would You Get Your Cloths Wet? » | Santa's Cow » | Wallpaper: Path » | Play With My Monkey » | Music: Highway to Hell » | England Vs Ecuador 1-0 » | Nikefutebol.com » | Still Waiting » 

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 

News: Funny

PHILADELPHIA -- Comcast has fired an employee for sleeping on a customer's couch during a house call after video of the incident became a minor Internet sensation.

The Philadelphia-based cable company also says it has apologized to the customer in Washington for the "unsatisfactory customer experience."

The customer, Georgetown University law student Brian Finkelstein, said the technician needed to phone company headquarters for help but was put on hold for more than an hour and fell asleep.

He posted video of the sleeping technician on YouTube.com, a site that lets users share videos. He added an Eels song with the lyrics, "I need some sleep."

The 58-second video has been viewed more than 227,000 times since it was posted Tuesday.


A Comcast technician came to replace a faulty modem. After spending an hour on hold with Comcast's central office, he fell asleep on my couch. I've been in my apartment for three weeks and my internet connection is still non-functional. This is my tribute to Comcast, their low quality technology and their poor customer service.

UPDATE: My service has been restored. A Comcast team spent five hours to get everything up and running. Thanks for all your advice.

Poor guy indeed, although I must say the company is also at fault.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Pesach
  • From London, United Kingdom
  • My profile

Israeli News Feeds

Radio Stations

All the Rest

Recent Comments

  • Blogger Pesach on 4:13 pm
    Poor guy indeed, although I must say the company is also at fault.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates